You Guys Have Really Outdone Yourselves!

I arrived to bring some fireplace grates and screens on my way to Franklin.  Devin and I arrived as dirt was being moved around with big equipment so we scurried inside to be out of the way.  I got her settled, warmed up her lunch, and brought in another load from the van.  The sun was warming up so I opened up the screened porch door for the fresh breezes...something was different...what was it???  Suddenly, I realized there was the shimmer of light on the porch ceiling.  Light?  From where?  Running out to the ramp, I glimpsed the blue-green POND in all its sun-sparkled glory.  Raptured, I nearly threw myself off the edge into the water until I calmed myself down and remembered it was a November day and the pond is fed by spring water.  Instead I ran out to find Mike and express my gratitude.  He thought I was more excited about the pond and waterfalls then I'd been over the cabins.  Well, the cabins gradually took shape over two years while this was an unexpected surprise in one week!   It is more beautiful than I dreamed possible.  The guys humbly said that they had made it up as they went.  They really outdid themselves this time! 

No comments: